Now Hiring | Railroad Systems Maintainer
Posted Date – 12/2/2020
Location – Lewisville, TX
The Railroad systems maintainer position will be based out of the Riotech office in Lewisville, Texas. The systems maintainer will have the role of providing responsive, compliant signal maintenance in the Lewisville area. This includes but is not limited to: FRA governed grade crossing inspection/maintenance, mainline switch inspection/maintenance, electric lock inspection/maintenance and E-ATC (PTC) enabled wayside signal system inspection/maintenance. This position reports directly to the Signal Maintenance Supervisor in Lewisville.
- Properly inspect and test grade crossing circuitry, using standard electrical and/or electronic testing equipment.
- Properly inspect, test, and maintain batteries to insure the proper operation of grade crossing and wayside signal equipment.
- Properly test and adjust M-23 dual control mainline switch machines.
- Properly test and adjust electric locks & associated circuitry.
- Properly test and adjust wayside signal system which includes an active E-ATC (PTC) system.
- Document work activities and inspections in accordance with railroad, state transportation department and FRA requirements.
- Receive trouble calls from dispatcher and mobilize to trouble location.
- Typical workdays are Monday thru Friday but must be available for emergencies.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as Riotech is a 24/7/365 work environment.
- There will be on-call situations involved with this position.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license required; this must be maintained throughout employment.
- At least 2 years of previous signal maintenance experience.
- Completion of signal apprentice training preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to stay on a task and meet important deadlines.
- Outgoing, self-motivated team player.
- Physical requirements:
- Pass pre-employment DOT physical, medical evaluation and drug screen.
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity.
- Ability to occasionally exert strong force (50 – 150 pounds) and to move comfortably, including stooping, bending, kneeling, or occasionally climbing a ladder.
- Ability to lift
- Ability to walk extended distances over uneven terrain.
- Requires working outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Complete and maintain all required safety certifications and testing on an annual basis.
Required Background Investigation
- Criminal history
- Previous 7 years of driving history
- Previous 5 years of employment history
- Social Security number