Now Hiring | Railroad Systems Maintainer
Rio Grande Pacific Technology, Inc is a dynamic railway technology company looking to add just the right person to interface with our brilliant, impatient, hard-working, loyal, caring and innovative team. We are looking for an amazing individual to provide responsive, compliant Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning System signal maintenance in the New Orleans, LA vicinity. This position includes but not limited to: FRA governed grade crossing system inspections and on-going maintenance.
- Inspect and test signal circuitry, using standard electrical and/or electronic testing equipment.
- Inspect, test and maintain batteries to insure the proper operation of crossing signals.
- Inspect, test and maintain signal equipment such as grade crossing warning devices.
- Test performed repairs made and replace the required equipment as needed.
- Operate highway vehicle for transportation to wayside locations to install, inspect, test and maintain or repair grade crossing warning systems or signal systems equipment.
- Document work activities and inspections in accordance with railroad, state transportation department and FRA requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
- Valid driver’s license required; this must be maintained throughout employment.
- Pass motor vehicle report review.
- Previous systems maintenance training or experience preferred.
- Physical requirements:
- Pass pre-employment physical, medical evaluation and drug screen.
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity.
- Ability to occasionally exert strong force (50 – 200 pounds) and to move comfortably, including stooping, bending, kneeling, or occasionally climbing a ladder.
- Ability to walk extended distances over uneven terrain.
- Requires working outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to stay on a task and meet important deadlines.
- Outgoing, self-motivated team player.
- Complete and maintain all required safety certifications and testing on an annual basis.