Now Hiring | Signal Construction Crewman
Rio Grande Pacific Technology, Inc is looking to add a Signal Construction crewman to our growing team. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to; the preparation, assembly, installation, and testing of Wayside signal systems and Highway-rail grade crossing systems. This crew will be based out of Ft. Worth Texas.
- Participate in a job briefing specific to each location.
- Inspect all hand and power tools to ensure proper operation.
- Inventory Materials.
- Safely dig in signal house, foundations, and signal cable.
- Stand signals.
- Build, weigh and torque signal gates.
- Bond all track connections and joints.
- Install termination shunts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
- Valid driver’s license required; this must be maintained throughout employment.
- Pass motor vehicle report review.
- Previous systems maintenance training or experience preferred.
- Physical requirements:
- Pass pre-employment physical, medical evaluation and drug screen.
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity.
- Ability to occasionally exert strong force (50 – 200 pounds) and to move comfortably, including stooping, bending, kneeling, or occasionally climbing a ladder.
- Ability to walk extended distances over uneven terrain.
- Requires working outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to stay on a task and meet important deadlines.
- Outgoing, self-motivated team player.
- Complete and maintain all required safety certifications and testing on an annual basis.
- Knowledge of construction equipment operation a plus.